In the sprawling world of Baldur’s Gate 3, time is of the essence. Imagine needing to sprint from one end of the map to the other, every single time. Luckily, there’s a nifty feature that lets you zip across areas in a snap: fast travel.
It’s your trusty shortcut, designed to save you hours of gameplay and let you focus on what’s essential. But, like any shortcut, you’ve got to know when and how to take it. Dive in, and let’s explore the nuances of this travel system.
Steps to Fast Travel
Fast traveling in Baldur’s Gate 3 is like having a teleportation scroll in your back pocket. Here’s how you harness that power:
- Locate the Fast Travel Button: Peek at the top right corner of your game screen. See that tiny button by the mini-map? That’s your ticket.
- Tap into the Fast Travel Option: Give that button a click. What you’ll see next is akin to a traveler’s catalog – a list of places you can jet off to.
- Choose Your Destination: From Rune Circles to that cozy party camp of yours, the list will display places you’ve unlocked and are free to visit. Pick your spot, and off you go!
Using Party Camp for Fast Travel
Let’s chat about the party camp for a moment. Think of it as your home base, your safe haven in the chaotic world of Baldur’s Gate 3. It’s not just about resting your weary bones or gossiping with allies. It serves a dual purpose when it comes to fast traveling.
- The Dual Role of Party Camp: Beyond being a hub for in-game strategy discussions, the party camp is also a fast travel point. So, if you ever feel the itch to regroup, know that the party camp is just a click away.
- Utilize Camp Facilities: At camp, you can engage in pivotal chats with team members or simply take a break. Oh, and don’t forget the chest; it’s like your personal bank in the middle of nowhere.
How to Initiate Fast Travel on Different Platforms
- For the PC Gamers: Summon your map by tapping the “M” key. The interface will present a side window labeled “Waypoints.” That’s your directory. Skim through, select your desired Waypoint, and let the game work its magic.
- For the Controller Commanders: Press “R2” and a shortcut menu will pop up. Find the “Map” icon (looks a bit like a compass), and activate it. With the map open, a press of the “R3” button will bring up your fast travel menu. Browse, select, and transport
How To Unlock New Fast Travel Locations in BG3
Discovering new places is part of the thrill, right? Well, Baldur’s Gate 3 rewards your curiosity. The more ground you cover, the more locations you unlock for fast traveling.
- The First Step: After the dramatic Nautiloid crash scene, you’ll stumble upon a locked door. Don’t worry about that for now. Instead, focus on its neighbor: the “Ancient Sigil Circle.” Approach it, and voila! You’ve just unlocked your very first fast travel spot.
- Eagle-Eyed Exploration: As you traverse the landscapes of Baldur’s Gate 3, keep an eye out for peculiar purple glows on cliffs or rocks. They’re not just there for ambiance; they’re signaling new waypoints. Get close, and they’re yours to teleport to whenever you please.
- Gathering Points: Major game locations typically boast at least one fast travel point. So, whether you’re deep in the Wilderness or navigating the Underdark, rest assured that there are shortcuts waiting for you.