Factions in LOTR Rise To War are what distinguishes the game, and there’s a chance you chose the wrong one. Most people are wondering if you can change factions and the answer is yes you can. The good news is that there is a simple way to switch factions in Lotr Rise to War. There are a few restrictions and requirements that you must follow, and we will go over them all.
The first thing you’ll need is 1500 gems. If you’re a new player, you’ll have no trouble acquiring them through quests. All you need to do now is keep playing and saving them. If you need gems quickly, you can always spend a few dollars in the game store.
One of the most important things to remember before you start saving gems is that you cannot switch from good to evil factions or vice versa. Also, sometimes the faction you want to play is full, so you won’t be able to switch. If this occurs, your only option is to start over with a new account. If you are planning to start on a new account I would recommend that you start playing LOTR Rise To War on PC. It will make your gaming experience much better.
Steps for Changing Faction:
- Proceed to your settlement.
- Proceed to the main hall.
- Click the arrows next to the faction banner, then click OK.
- Swipe to confirm the faction switch
It’s understandable that you won’t keep all of your progress when switching factions, so here’s a list of what you’ll keep and what you’ll lose.
- Keep all resources and currencies- You will not lose your resources (gems, ore, grain, wood, stone, and gold), but you will keep them all.
- Retain all commanders and their progress- This means that you will be able to keep all commanders and their progress.
- You will not lose any items or equipment if you keep all of your equipment and items.
- Compensate- units will be converted into target faction units- this means you will receive similar troops and will retain all upgrades.
- The same is true for buildings; they will be altered, but you will retain all upgrades.
- Clear data- you will lose all of your tiles and will have to re-occupy everything including Mysterious Spring and tiles that have special units like War Beornings and Mumakil.