In Minecraft, enchantments are there to make your experience more smooth and easier. They provide bonuses to your weapons, armor and tools.
Although a large portion of enchantments in Minecraft revolve around combat, or more important activities like mining, some of them are related to fishing. One such enchantment is Luck of the Sea, which you will learn about now.
How to obtain the Luck of the Sea enchantment
First off, it is important to establish that Luck of the Sea is an enchantment in Minecraft that only works on a fishing rod. Like all other enchantments in the game, you can acquire this Minecraft enchantment by using an enchantment table or anvil. If you’re trying to use an anvil, you’d need an enchanted book to combine with the fishing rod. You can find enchanted books in the wild, for example in chests found in dungeons.
What does the Luck of the Sea enchantment do?
As you might already have been able to tell by the name, Luck of the Sea is an enchantment that increases your luck when fishing.
To put this in a more detailed way, it increases the chance of getting treasure rather than fish when you’re fishing. The specific numbers are around a 2% per level increase in the chance to get treasure, and an about 0.15% per level decrease in the chance to get fish.
This enchantment has a maximum enchantment level of 3, with each level increasing your luck.
Where can you use the Luck of the Sea enchantment?
Although fishing isn’t necessarily a primary gameplay aspect of the game, it is still useful to get some resources and especially as a source of food. If you want to use fishing to get valuable resources such as name tags, saddles, pieces of armor and tools, etc.
When talking about the Luck of the Sea fishing enchantment, you should remember the following key takeaways:
- Luck of the Sea is a fishing rod enchantment and it can only be applied to that type of item.
- You can get it the same way you can any other enchantment, either through an enchantment table or an enchanted book.
- It increases your luck when fishing, meaning that it increases the chance to get treasure and decreases the chance to get regular fish.
- There are 3 levels of the enchantment, with each level having better effects
- It is useful when you want to get resources from fishing, such as nautilus shells.