Minecraft Beach Biome

Minecraft Beach Biome

Each biome in Minecraft is unique. Among these, the beaches are especially common, although slightly barren. These biomes can contain secret treasures or useful critters despite their uniform spawns. So let’s check what things we can find in a Minecraft beach biome.

Beach biome

As with every biome, there are a ton of new unique traits to encounter when traversing a beach biome. A beach is one of the more common ones we’ll encounter, with its location often being a way to divide locations. The biome itself is coastal, only being found next to the water.

A beach biome is always generated when a land biome meets an ocean one. This is coded properly into the game, with variants of that beach biome being selected depending on the temperature of the neighboring biomes.

The beach itself can also generate rivers that will stem from the ocean or, at other times, remain completely tied to the land. Each beach is unique, but most are quite barren regarding resources, which we will see further below.

Beach variants

Standard

A regular beach is made out of sand for the most part. Due to this, it will be quite easy to dig through, but it often needs quite a bit of extra digging to get to the significantly useful depths. The beach also has gravel, dirt, and clay spawn under the water, which can be quite useful if you are looking for some of this material.

Underneath the surface of a beach, you’ll find sandstone which is denser than regular sand. It’s common to find quite a lot of sandstone on beaches that are more level with the ground.

Stony shore

A variant of the beach, this location is made mostly out of stone. This stone approach to the water surface will often form at locations close to mountains or mountains themselves. They are primarily made of stone and gravel, forming a much firmer separation between the land and the waters.

As you can imagine, they offer a much harder place for digging and rarely carry the materials found on the sandy beach, such as sandstone or the underwater materials discussed. Making these shores a bit barren if you aren’t looking for gravel or something of its kind.

Snowy beaches

The game will generate a snowy beach when the temperature gets quite low. There are quite a few colder areas, and snowy beaches will appear in them as soon as that area makes contact with water. The water around these areas turns into ice too which adds a unique trait to them.

Beach mobs

Beach mobs

The beach mobs are mostly similar, with some key differences from passive mobs. These depend on the variant.

  • Glow Squid
  • Turtle
  • Spider
  • Zombie
  • Slime
  • Enderman
  • Witch
  • Spider Jockey
  • Chicken Jockey
  • Bat
  • Zombie Villager
  • Skeleton
  • Creeper

Sandy beach

Turtles will appear on sandy beaches, they can be found on bigger ones more easily as their spawn chances aren’t exceptionally high.

Stony shore

The stony shore spawns no unique mobs. Keeping the regular chances for other mob spawns as the regular beach. This means they will not spawn turtles.

Snowy beaches

While also not spawning turtles, snowy beaches have another mob. Rabbits can be found throughout the snowy beaches and are usually in groups of 2 to 3. They also have an 80% chance of spawning as a white rabbit and 20% of being a black and white one.

Blocks and Structures

  • Water
  • Sand
  • Sandstone
  • Gravel
  • Dirt
  • Clay
  • Sugar cane
  • Buried Treasure
  • Shipwrecks

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *