Elrond is a decent Support/Heal tier 3 commander on the good side in LOTR Rise To War. When compared to other tier 3 commanders, his performance is not great, and he is regarded as one of the worst tier 3 commanders. That doesn’t mean he can’t be used. When using Elrond, you must be careful not to be countered by commanders who have skills that prevent healing, which can be devastating.
If you’ve already invested in Elrond, you can use him, but it’s better to invest in some Tier 2 commanders who are far superior to him. You can use the LOTR Rise To War tier list to determine which commanders are much better than Elrond.
Elrond is a Tier 3 Commander, and the first thing you should notice and acknowledge is his base trait, “Support.” Elrond will gain +25 (Commander) Focus and +5 Skill points from the “Support” trait. Focus is Elrond’s strongest stat. “Focus” decreases the damage dealt with his chosen army during battle. You will have a talent point to use in your Commander’s skill tree once they level up.
Elrond’s skill set has four main skills and consequently four different focus areas. It’s worth noting that each of these four major skills is linked to two other skills that you’ll gain access to after leveling up the main skill to level 2. On Commander Respect level 0, you will have two main skills, to begin with.
Respect level 0 Build
Half-elven– Gain either Might % or Focus + % during combat Max Level Effect.On Max level Might and focus +10.
- Coalition– (Men and Elves) Attacks have a % chance to cause maximum damage.
- Boon-[All Allied Units] Randomly receive one of the following buffs in battle: Physical Damage received -% / Physical Damage +%.
Lord of Imladris– [Against 2 Enemy Target(s)] Deals % Physical Damage. On Max Level Effect Prioritizes Ranged units.
- Rush– [Round 1] [Against 1 Enemy Target(s)) Deals % Physical Damage.
- Convener– [First 2 Round(s)] [All Allied Units] Gain Initiative and % chance to attack twice each round.
Respect level 3 Build
White Council– [All Allied Units] First 3 instance(s) of damage received – % (effect modified by Focus stat). On Max Level Effect While damage is increased, the army gains Stun Immunity.
- Champion of the Light– [All Allies] Damage to Orcs, Uruk-hai and Trolls +%.
- High Alert– [Allied Units] Focus, Burn and Poison Damage received – %.
Respect level 5 Build
Vilya’s Ringbearer– [Allied Elves] Damage dealt +%. On Max Level Effect Focus +15
- Starlight– [Against Enemy Orcs, Uruk-hai and Trolls] Damage received +%.
- Rapid Healing– [Allied Melee Units] Recover% HP each round.